- Responsible for efficient handling of post fixtures and operational issues connected with Owners and Charterers involved in his / her services.
- Communicate and work closely with internal customers.
- Efficient handling of demurrage claims and achieving amicable settlement
- Monitor the vessel’s schedule at load port and discharge port with Owners and port agents where necessary, and advise the Charterers accordingly.
- Keep Charterers and Owners advised on requirements pertaining to the fixtures such as voyage order, stowage plan, cargo quantities and cargo grades.
- Send freight invoices to Charterers promptly and follow-up on payments.
- Obtain from Owner Letter of Indemnity wordings where applicable for Charterers to complete it for discharging of cargoes in absence of original bill of lading.
- Key shipment data into the system upon completion of loading and discharging.
- Relay operational messages from Owners to Charterers or vice-versa.
- Make enquiries with Owners on the appointment of P and I Club’s surveyors in the event of cargoes being found to be contaminated or off-specification.
- Check with Owners and/or port agent where required or if the situation warrants it, the berthing prospect, duration of port/berth and port/berth congestion status.
- Consult in-house brokers when it is foreseen that a problem may arise.
- Open Operations file for orderly filing of all daily correspondences.
- Provide port information at the request of customers.
- Collate and summarize shipment data for meeting purposes.
- Mitigate conflicts between ship owners and charterers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Preliminary laytime calculations
- Review demurrage claims
- Negotiate for settlement via emails and phone calls
- Explain clauses to customers as and when required
- Input demurrage details into in-house system
- Maintain complete demurrage records
- Summary and analysis of shipment data
- Prepare invoices for demurrage commission
- Diploma or Degree in Maritime-related discipline
- Relevant working experience in demurrage claims is preferred
- Highly communicative and connects well to management and peers to share ideas and feedback
- Willing to work irregular hours as and when required
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Neat and organized, and follows procedures well
- Meticulous yet a fast worker who meets deadlines
- Proactive and performs duties with little or no supervision
- Responsible and strong team player who multi-tasks well
- At least 2 years’ experience on the same field